Electric power steering Toyota Bj
Power steering for Toyota BJ40, BJ42, BJ43, BJ45, BJ46
This steering allows you to switch from conventional steering to power steering without changes to the running gear. The electric power steering adapts on all series 4.
Mounting this electric steering for bj keeps the original case and steering rods of your Series 4 without any welding or cutting. It is interposed between the case and the steering wheel just like the original steering column.
• Assembly instructions provided
• Adaptable to 12V or 24V vehicle. Optional 24/12V converter
• Assembly time: 4 to 5 hours
• 2 types of possible assemblies: 3 screws on apron or 4 screws on apron (see photos)
• Cup apron and neiman not provided (the origin remains in place)
Delivery 5 to 10 days if stock / 5 to 7 weeks if out of stock
The Toyota land cruiser series 4 (BJ, HJ, FJ) are the most efficient 4x4s on the market. It is for this reason that they are the only 4x4s on the world market to have been sold on every continent and in every country unlike their rivals who have seen the door closed in their face in a large number of countries.
These 4x4s are the ultimate weapon in crossing and working vehicle, but despite all these advantages, the Toyota 4 Series came out for several years without power steering. It is only over the last 3 years of production that the Toyota bj has been equipped with hydraulic power steering to the delight of its latest buyers.
But this does not help the problem of the first versions that remain without power steering and which remains very difficult to maneuver given the weight of the vehicle. Several possibilities have been adopted by some users of the Toyota bj to have an assisted steering.
• Mounting a direction of BJ42 46 or 45 (not found today)
• Installation of a steering of BJ series 7 or Lj (prohibited because cuts and welds necessary for the adaptation of the system)
• Installation of a steering with hydraulic cylinder (agricultural system)
And the last solution
• Installation of electric power steering for Toyota bj/hj/fj (TUV approved and certified)
Here are the advantages of electric power steering for BJ/HJ/FJ
- This electric power steering is supplied complete with potentiometer (allows to adjust the intensity of the assistance)
- No welding or cutting of the steering rods or column
- The assembly is simple and the electrical connection too. It is advisable to check the ball joints, the steering box and the flector before assembly so as not to have any worries afterwards
- The column with assistance connects to the flector (steering box, engine compartment on the flywheel)
- All the accessories (neiman, commodo, horn) are reassemble instead on the new column
- Diy-free editing
- Homologated Europe and TUV
- 2-year warranty
For disassembly and assembly it will take about 4 to 5 hours.